Performing Arts Physical Therapy
Location offering Performing Arts Program: Grovetown
Like many athletes, performing artists often challenge and push their bodies to levels that put them at greater risk for injury. As a performing artist, you rely upon your bodies to make your craft possible. Unfortunately, the stress and repetition of practicing and performing can take a toll on your body. Unlike the average athlete, you are unable to wear bulky braces or too much tape – your body needs to reach an extreme range of motion, as well as maintain the strength of your muscles and endurance. We understand this, which is why Georgialina Physical Therapy is the preferred physical therapy clinic for a performing arts injury in Georgia or South Carolina. Request an appointment from us today and get on the road to recovery.
Our approach to your performing arts injury
Our approach to performing arts medicine is to provide an individualized evaluation and design a rehabilitation program to help the musician, singer, dancer, gymnast, and actor/actress return to full function. We treat all levels from students to professionals from Georgia or South Carolina. We strive to help you achieve excellence in your profession and perform at an optimal level.
Some techniques we may use include:
- Myofascial release, massage, IASTM, joint and manual therapy techniques
- Breathwork and meditation techniques
- Physical agent modalities for pain management including ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Instrumental technique evaluations with the development of strength, conditioning, and endurance training programs specific to your instrument
- Posture training
- Posture and alignment in different positions
- Pacing schedules for the resumption of your art after injury
Contact Georgialina Physical Therapy in Evans, Augusta, Grovetown, Hephzibah, Martinez, Savannah, Thomson, Braselton, GA & Aiken, North Augusta, Fort Mill, SC centers today to learn more about getting the help you need for your performing arts injury, and request an appointment and a full assessment. Our physical therapists are eager to help you with your rehabilitation and get you back to doing what you love.